Property of Chet Nowlen

The photos and sketches shown on this BLOG are the property of Chet Nowlen. This collection of Digital images are available for $2 each. Please note the digital image you purchase will not have the watermark "Property of Chet Nowlen". I can only accept via PayPal @ https://paypal.me/Chetn?locale.x=en_US

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Printing Dies

My job was drawing all the production drawings for four manufacturing plants and as purchasing agent for printing dies for these plants. In the early days most all of the dies were made of brass, as shown in these pictures. Later we switched to an aluminum alloy die that was much less expensive. For plywood box printing I purchased rubber dies mounted to a metal mounting plate. Most of our dies were purchased from Banner Die in Chicago, Illinois. My main contact at Banner was Frank Randazzo.  I really miss Frank as he was my mentor in the printing die world.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment